ZORBA is the lowest cost full featured portable computer. This light weight computer is ruggedly packaged in a convenient weather sealed carrying case. The case surrounds a strong inner chassis which further protects the Z80A based computer with its two double sided double density disk drives, large easy to read display screen and well designed detachable keyboard.
ZORBA uses CP/M, the industry standard operating system, which means that a wide range of existing software is readily available to the user.
ZORBA has a full set of I/O Ports. (Reference Interfaces)
ZORBA supplies a SETUP program to configure these software programmable ports for message format, transmission 11 protocol, data translation and baud rate.
The ZORBA users manual and technical manual covers operation of the unit, all supplied software and all interface and internal information. A system diskette is supplied with all system files and utilities. A second diskette contains the sources for all ZORBA software including BIOS, SETUP, FORMAT, and PATCH.
Mechanical / Electrical:
- Width: 17.5 inches (44.45 cm)
- Height: 9.0 inches (22.86 cm)
- Depth: 16.0 inches (40.64 cm)
- Weight: 24.6 pounds (11. 1 Kg.)
- Power: 80-130 VAC or 190-245 VAC 50/60 Hz, 170 watts max.
- Ambient Temperature: 0-50 degrees Celsius
- Relative Humidity: to 95% Non-Condensing
- Cooling: Forced Air
- 9" diagonal with Green or Amber
- High resolution display circuitry
- Nonglare flat face screen
- 60 Hz refresh rate
- 25 lines x 80 columns
- 5x7 Character Font with full descenders
- 128 ASCII Characters
- 8x9 32 Characters Graphic Font
- 2K Memory Mapped Display Buffer
- Video emulations H19/Z19/VT52
- Keyboard communicates serially with CPU
- Detachable with 2 foot coiled cord
- 95 keys in standard QWERTY format
- 13 Key Numeric pad
- Independent Caps Lock and Shift Lock
- 55 Software programmable function keys
- All keys auto-repeat after 1 second delay
- All Standard cursor and terminal control keys
- Z80A CPU running at 4 MHz with no wait states
- 64K bytes of 200 ns RAM (58K after CP/M loaded)
- 16K bytes of EPROM (2732) can be switched in and out by software 12K available for user EPROMS
- 8275 CRT controller, DMA driven
- 1793 Floppy disk controller, SMC data separator
- Bipolar proms configure 10 addresses
- Fully structured interrupts prioritized by bipolar proms
- Full asynchronous RS232 port with modem control. Baud rates and data translation and protocol programmable.
- Full asynchronous full duplex RS232 port with hardware handshake (for printers). Baud rates and protocol programmable.
- Keyboard Serial Interface-5V TTL assigned at 1200 bits per second programmable.
- One 8 Bit parallel port with independent strobe and ready lines. Supports Centronics interface with an available adaptor cable. IEEE 488 Bus Master Port (ie: General Purpose Instrumentation Bus) not Software Supported.
- 21 Standard Software Programmable Baud Rates including: 45.5, 50, 62.5, 75, 110, 134.5, 150, 200, 300, 600, 1200, 1760, 1800, 2000, 2400, 3520, 3600, 4800, 7200, 9600, 19200 bps.
Built-in disk interchange formats: Xerox 820 (SD, DD), Kaycomp (DD), DEC VT-180 (SD), Osborne (SD) and IBM-PC eg. CPM/86) and Televideo 802 (Read/Write and Format compatibility).
- Controller: WD 1793
- Drives: 5.25" Double Sided, Double Density, 48 TPI
- Tracks: 40
- Sectors/Cylinder: 20 Double Side
- Bytes/Sector: 512 Double Density
- Capacity/Diskette: 409,600 bytes
- Seek Time: 2 ms track to track(nom.), 15 ms settling time
- Head Load: 0 ms
- Motor Timing: 200 ms startup, 10 seconds autostop timeout
- Rotation: 300 rpm
- Recording: FM Single Density
- Standard: MFM Double Density
Standard Systems Software Packages
- CPM 2.2 operating system including utilities
- M80 (including L80, LIB80, CREF80)
- Source code of the bios plus any other modular supplied Utilities
- Data communication set up package
Standard Applications Software Packages
- C Basic